Robert Glaser, the founding director of LRDC, passed away on February 4, 2012. Dr. Glaser was a pioneering leader in the inter-disciplinary field of instructional science. He helped define this field and instantiated it with the founding of LRDC.
American Psychologist, (December 2012); 67(9): 798-99.
- Glaser, R., & Baxter, G. P. (2002) Cognition and construct validity: Evidence for the nature of cognitive performance in assessment situations. A Festschrift in honor of Sam Messick. Mahwah, NJ: Lawrence Erlbaum Associates.
- Pellegrino, J. W., Chudowsky, N., & Glaser R. (2001). Knowing what students know: The Science and Design of Educational Assessment. National Academy Press, Washington, DC.
- Anderson, J. R., & Schunn, C. D. (2000). Implications of the ACT-R learning theory: No magic bullets. In R. Glaser (Ed.), Advances in instructional psychology: Educational design and cognitive science, Vol. 5 (pp. 1-33). Mahwah, NJ: Erlbaum.
- Glaser, R. (2000). Cognition and instruction: Mind, development and community. Journal of Applied Developmental Psychology 21(1), 123-127.
- Glaser, R. (Ed.), (2000). Advances in Instructional Psychology: Educational Design and Cognitive Science, Volume 5. Mahwah, NJ Lawrence Erlbaum and Associates.
- Gott, S. P., & Lesgold, A. M. (2000). Competence in the Workplace: How Cognitive Performance Models and Situated Instruction Can Accelerate Skill Acquisition. In R. Glaser (Ed.), Ad-vances in instructional psychology. Hillsdale, NJ: Erlbaum.
- Raghavan, K., Sartoris, M. L., & Glaser, R. (1998). Impact of the MARS curriculum: The mass unit. Science Education, 82(1), 53-91.
- Raghavan, K., Sartoris, M. L., & Glaser, R. (1998). Interconnecting science and mathematics concepts: Area and volume. In R. Lehrer & D. Chazan (Eds.), Designing learning environments for developing understanding of geometry and space (pp. 267-295). Hillsdale, NJ: Erlbaum.
- Raghavan, K., Sartoris, M. L., & Glaser, R. (1998). Why does it go up? The impact of the MARS curriculum as revealed through changes in student explanations of a helium balloon. Journal of Research in Science Teaching, 35(5), 547-567.
- Raghavan, K., Sartoris, M. L., & Glaser, R. (1997). The impact of model-centered instruction on student learning: The area and volume units. Journal of Computers in Mathematics and Science Teaching, 16, 362-404.