- Apedoe, X. & Schunn, C. D. (in press). Strategies for Success: Uncovering what makes students successful in design and learning. Instructional science. pdf
- Apedoe, X. & Ellefson, M. E., Schunn, C. D. (2012). Learning together while designing: Does group size make a difference? Journal of Science Education and Technology, 21(1), 83-94. pdf
- Silk, E. M., Higashi, R., Shoop, R., Schunn, C. D. (2010). Designing
technology activities that teach mathematics. The Technology Teacher,
69(4), 21-27. pdf
- Silk, E. M., Schunn, C. D., & Shoop, R. (2009). Synchronized
robot dancing: Motivating efficiency and meaning in problem solving
with robotics. Robot Magazine, 17, 42-45.
- Schunn, C. D. (2009). How Kids Learn Engineering: The Cognitive Science
Perspective. The Bridge, 39(3), 32-37. pdf
- Doppelt, Y. , Schunn, C. D., Silk, E., Mehalik, M., Reynolds, B., & Ward,
E. (2009). Evaluating the impact of a facilitated learning community
approach to professional development on teacher practice and student
achievement. Research in Science & Technological Education, 27(3),
- Silk, E., Schunn, C. D., & Cary, M. S. (2009) The impact of
an engineering design curriculum on science reasoning in an urban setting.
Journal of Science Education and Technology. pdf
- Reynolds, B., Mehalik, M. M., Lovell, M. R., & Schunn, C. D.
(2009). Increasing student awareness of and interest in engineering
as a career option through design-based learning. International Journal
of Engineering Education. pdf
- Apedoe, X., Reynolds, B., Ellefson, M. R., & Schunn,
C. D. (2009). Bringing engineering design into high school science
classrooms: The heating/cooling unit. Journal of Science Education
and Technology. pdf
- Doppelt, Y. & Schunn,
C. D. (2008). Identifying students' perceptions of the important classroom
features affecting learning aspects of a design based learning environment?
Learning Environments Research, 11(3). pdf
- Ellefson, M., Brinker, R., Vernacchio,
V., & Schunn, C. D. (2008). Design-based
learning for biology: Genetic engineering experience improves understanding
of gene expression. Biochemistry and Molecular Biology Education, 36(4),
Y., Mehalik, M. M., Schunn, C. D., & Krysinski, D. (2008).
Engagement and achievements in design-based learning. Journal of Technology
Education, 19(2), 21-38. pdf
- Mehalik, M. M., & Doppelt,
Y., & Schunn, C. D. (2008). Middle-school science through design-based
learning versus scripted inquiry: Better overall science concept learning
and equity gap reduction. Journal of Engineering Education, 97(1),