in the news ►
Navigating Our Shameful, Maddeningly Complex Student Aid System
in the news ►
The Myth of Self Control
in the news ►
Math Education Needs to Start Early
more news ►
Provost's Diversity Institute for Faculty Development
► More Talks
9:00 am - 4:00 pm, Alumni Hall, Room 528
Ralph Bangs, University Center for International Studies, will present "Teaching Race to College Students – 2017 Black/White Update." Registration and a light breakfast will be from 8:30 am to 9:00 am. A light lunch will also be provided.
- McKeown, M. G., Crosson, A. C., Sandora, C., Artz, N., & Beck, I.B. (in press). Close encounters of a lexical kind. The Reading Teacher.
- Wang, M. T., Hill, N., & Hofkens, T. (in press). Parental involvement and African American and European American adolescents’ academic, behavioral, and emotional development in secondary school. Child Development.
- Zywica, J., Gomez, K., & Matsumura, L. C. (in press). Media literacies as pivots for “opening up” the figured world of English Language Arts. International Journal of Learning and Media.
- Russell, J. L., Kehoe, S., & Crowley, K. (in press). Linking in and out-of-school learning. In K. Peppler (Ed.), Encyclopedia of Out-of-School Learning. Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage Publications.
- Allen, L. B. & Crowley, K. (in press). From acquisition to inquiry: Supporting informal educators through iterative implementation of practice. In P. Patrick (Ed), Preparing Informal Educators. New York: Springer.
- Brahms, L. & Crowley, K. (in press). Making in the museum: Launching a learning trajectory in an informal setting. In K. Pepler, E. Halverson, & Y. Kafai (Eds).Makeology in K-12, Higher, and Informal Education: The Maker Movement and the Future of Learning. Routledge.
- Brahms, L. & Crowley, K. (in press). Making sense of making: Defining learning practices in MAKE magazine. In K. Pepler, E. Halverson, & Y. Kafai (Eds).Makeology in K-12, Higher, and Informal Education: The Maker Movement and the Future of Learning. Routledge.
- Allen, L. B. & Crowley, K. (in press). Knowledge is not enough: A learning ecologies approach to climate change education. International Journal of Global Warming.
- Schunn, C.D., Godley, A.J. & DeMartino, S. (in press). The reliability and
validity of peer review of writing in high school AP English classes. Journal of Adolescent and Adult Literacy.
- Nelson, J. & Perfetti, C. A. (in press). Eye movements reveal readers' lexical quality and reading experience. Special Issue of Reading and Writing: An Interdisciplinary Journal.
- Perfetti, C. A. & Harris, L. (in press). Learning to read English. In L. Verhoeven & C. A. Perfetti (Eds.), Learning to read across languages and writing systems. Cambridge University Press.
- Brahms, L. & Crowley, K. (in press). Learning to make in the Museum: The role of maker educators. In K. Pepler, E. Halverson, & Y. Kafai (Eds.), Makeology in K-12, Higher, and Informal Education: The Maker Movement and the Future of Learning. Routledge.
- Allen, L. B. & Crowley, K. (in press). Moving beyond scientific knowledge: Leveraging participation, relevance, and interconnectedness for climate education. International Journal of Global Warming.
- Paletz, S., Chan, J., & Schunn, C. D. (in press). Uncovering uncertainty through disagreement. Applied Cognitive Psychology.
- Cox, C., Apedoe, X., Silk, E., & Schunn, C. D. (in press). Analyzing materials in order to find design opportunities for the classroom. In Z. Kabayadondo & S. Goldman (Eds.), Design Thinking.
- Levine, J. M. & Marques, J. M. (in press). Norm violators as threats and opportunities: The many faces of deviance in groups. Group Processes and Intergroup Relations.
- Levine, J. M. (in press). Member differentiation and group tasks: More than meets the eye. [Commentary on “Are groups more or less than the sum of their members? The moderating role of individual identification," by R. F. Baumeister, S. E. Ainsworth, & K. D.]. Behavioral and Brain Sciences.
- Pinto, I. R., Marques, J. M., Levine, J. M., & Abrams, D. (in press). Membership role and subjective group dynamics: Impact on evaluative intragroup differentiation and commitment to prescriptive norms. Group Processes & Intergroup Relations.
- Rottman, B. M. (in press). Searching for the best cause: Roles of mechanism beliefs, autocorrelation, and exploitation. Journal of Experimental Psychology: Learning, Memory, & Cognition.
- Rottman, B. M. (in press). The acquisition and use of causal structure knowledge. In M.R. Waldmann (Ed.), Oxford Handbook of Causal Reasoning. Oxford: Oxford U.P.
- Pailian, H., Libertus, M., Feigenson, L., & Halberda, J. (in press). Developmental changes in visual short-term memory (VSTM) capacity between ages 3 and 8 years. Attention, Perception, & Psychophysics.
- Russell, J. L., Bryk, A. S., Dolle, J., Gomez, L. M., LeMahieu, P. & Grunow, A. (2017). A framework for initiation of Networked Improvement Communities. Teachers College Record, 119(7).
- Childs, J. & Russell, J. L. (2017). Turning around low-achieving schools: Building state capacity to support improvement through Race to the Top. Urban Education, 52(2).
- Cho, B-Y. & Afflerbach, P. (2017). An evolving perspective of constructively responsive reading comprehension strategies in multilayered digital text environments. In S. Israel (Ed.), Handbook of Research on Reading Comprehension, Second Edition (pp. 109-134). New York, NY: Guilford Publications.
- Chandrasekaran, M. K., Epp, C. D., Kan, M-Y., Litman, D. (2017). Using Discourse Signals for Robust Instructor Intervention Prediction. Proceedings of the 31st AAAI Conference on Artificial Intelligence.
Copyright 2015 Learning Research & Development Center | University of Pittsburgh | All rights reserved