in the news ►
Lindsay Page’s TEDx talk "Proactively Supporting Students To and Through College."
in the news ►
LRDC Seeks Interns for Undergraduate Research Program
in the news ►
IWALS 2018: Registration Now Open
2018 XR Brain Jam
Various times, Theresa Lang Community and Student Center, Arnhold Hall
Carnegie Mellon University’s Entertainment Technology Center and Games for Change are excited to announce that Games for Change will host the 2018 XR Brain Jam, which will pair neuroscience researchers with game development teams and charge them with exploring the intersection of their domains. See more information and apply at https://xrbrainjam.org
ECNS 2018 Joint Meeting
► More Talks
Various times, The University Club
Hosted by ECNS, the topic of this conference is Increased Use of EEG in the Clinic. More information and registration at https://ecnsconference.com.
- Cho, B-Y., Han, H., & Kucan, L. (2018) An exploratory study of middle-school-learners' historical reading in an internet environment. Reading and Writing.
- Morris, P., Connors, M., Friedman-Krauss, A., McCoy, D., Weiland, C., Feller, A., Page, L., Bloom, H., & Yoshikawa, H. (2018). New findings on impact variation from the Head Start Impact Study: Informing the scale-up of early childhood programs. AERA Open, 4(2), 1–16.
- Soo, K. W., & Rottman, B. M. (2018). Causal Strength Induction from Time Series Data. Journal of Experimental Psychology: General, 147(4), 485-513.
- Soo, K. W., & Rottman, B. M. (2018). Switch Rates Do Not Influence Weighting of Rare Events in Decisions from Experience, but Optional Stopping Does. Journal of Behavioral Decision Making.
- Tseng A.M, Doppelt M.C., Tokowicz N. (2018). The effects of transliterations, thematic organization, and working memory on adult L2 vocabulary learning. Journal of Second Language Studies, 1(1), 141 –165.
- Byrnes, J.P., Miller-Cotto, D., & Wang, A. (2018). Children as mediators of their own cognitive development: the case of learning science in kindergarten and first grade. Journal of Cognition and Development.
- McKeown, M., Crosson, A.C., Moore, D. & Beck, I. (2018). Word Knowledge and Comprehension Effects of an Academic Vocabulary Intervention for Middle School Students. American Educational Research Journal (OnlineFirst).
- Mountz, J., Minhas, D., Laymon, C., Beers, S., Puccio, A., Edelman, K., Sharpless, J., Lopresti B., Puffer, R., Schneider, W., Mathis, C., & Okonkwo, D. (2018). Comparison of [18F]AV-1451 PET with HDFT in chronic TBI subjects. The Journal of Nuclear Medicine, 59(1643).
- Li, H., & Xiong, Y. (2018). The relationship between test preparation and state test performance: Evidence from the measure of effective teaching (MET) project. Education Policy Analysis Archives, 26 (64).
- Galla, B. M., Amemiya, J., & Wang, M.-T. (2018). Using expectancy-value theory to understand academic self-control. Learning and Instruction, 58, 22-33.
- Wang, J., Libertus, M., & Feigenson, L. (2018) Hysteresis-induced changes in preverbal infants’ approximate number precision. Cognitive Development, 47, 107-116.
- Emily Braham has received the "IWALS 2018 Emerging Scholar Best Poster Award" at the IWALS 2018 Final Session on June 8th, 2018.
- McKeown, M., Crosson, A.C., Moore, D. & Beck, I. (2018). Word knowledge and comprehension effects of an academic vocabulary intervention for middle school students. American Educational Research, 55(3), 572-616.
- Liu, A. S., & Schunn, C. D. (2018). The effects of school-related and home-related optional science experiences on science attitudes and knowledge. Journal of Educational Psychology.
- Lugini, L., Litman, D., Godley, A., & Olshefski, C. (2018). Annotating student talk in text-based classroom discussions. Association for Computational Linguistics, 110-116.
- Afrin, T., & Litman, D. (2018). Annotation and classification of sentence-level revision improvement. Association for Computational Linguistics, 240-246.
- Zhang, H., & Litman, D. (2018). Co-attention based neural network for source-dependent essay scoring. Association for Computational Linguistics, 399-409.
- Ben-Eliyahu, A., Moore, D. Dorph, R., & Schunn, C. D. (2018). Investigating the multidimensionality of engagement: Affective, behavioral, and cognitive engagement across science activities and contexts. Contemporary Educational Psychology.
- Witherspoon, E., Schunn, C. D., Higashi, R., & Shoop, R. (2018). Attending to structural programming features predicts differences in learning and motivation. Journal of Computer Assisted Learning, 34(2).
- Fan, Q., Nummenmaa, A., Wichtmann, B. Witzel, T., Mekkaoui, C., Schneider, W., Wald, L. L., & Huang, S. Y. (2018). Validation of diffusion MRI estimates of compartment size and volume fraction in a biomimetic brain phantom using a human MRI scanner with 300 mT/m maximum gradient strength. NeuroImage.
- Tuninetti, A., & Tokowicz, N. (2018). The influence of a first language: Training nonnative listeners on voicing contrasts. Language, Cognition, and Neuroscience.
- Litman, D. J., & Nguyen, H. V. (2018). Argument mining for improving the automated scoring of persuasive essays. Association for the Advancement of Artificial Intelligence.
- Ben-Eliyahu, A., Moore, D., Dorph, R., & Schunn, C. D. (2018). Investigating the multidimensionality of engagement: Affective, behavioral, and cognitive engagement across science activities and contexts. Contemporary Educational Psychology.
- Page, L. C., Iriti, J. E., Lowry, D. J., & Anthony, A. M. (2018). The promise of place-based investment in postsecondary access and success: Investigating the impact of the Pittsburgh Promise. Education Finance and Policy.
- Matsumura, L. C., & Correnti, R. (2018). Student writing accepted as high-quality analytic responses to analytic text-base writing tasks. The Elementary School Journal.
Copyright 2015 Learning Research & Development Center | University of Pittsburgh | All rights reserved